Monday, May 24, 2010

Day #14 Back "Home"

Today we came home from our journey with New Life. Since today was a national holiday the kids did not have school. We went to see Luda and the kids at 2pm, and stayed until 6:30pm. We brought bubble blowers and bubbles which was a huge hit. They played with them for hours. We had heard that Luda likes to draw so we also brought some paper and colored pencils. Posted is the drawing that Luda did of Ruth. She did several others which are quite good. I can only draw stick men for some reason. The hoola hoop also got fixed!
In terms of the adoption process Yuri should be picking up our paperwork in Kiev on Wednesday (hopefully/pray) and then coming back here to file it to get a court date. A lot will depend upon the judge giving us the 31st and 1st for court. Pray for the Lord’s will, timing, and protection. There is a real spiritual battle against adoption especially into Christian families.
The Lord is giving us peace and making it home here. We are seeing a side of life that is good for us. In the USA its easy for everything to be about me and my life and will. I find myself complaining or upset over trivial things. This is a good reminder for me when I get home to be quiet, praise God, and serve the Lord and others in need. We are being ministered to by these kids more than we are to them.
Greg & Ruth

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing to read the daily accounts of your journey! I get teary when I think of the impact you are having on that orphanage. I'm sure it is tempting to want to bring them all back with you. We are praying for God's perfect timing and for a spiritual harvest among all you come in contact with, children and adults alike.

    Love you guys. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture. Ana too for whatever reason draws a lot! For a while there she drew a new picture of us every day. She especially liked to draw me. I guess it's a way of expressing their inner desire for a family. By the way, she doesn't draw as much any more. Maybe healing is taking place. I can't wait to see you all! Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! I find myself so drawn to the blog of your trip. I hope you share some of this with the body at CCW on your return. Continuing to lift you guys up in prayer. Keep the awesome posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow did Luda draw that? That is really awesome for a child her age. Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful adventure!! I can't imagine all the awesome things God is teaching you and showing you. Your lives will be changed forever for the better how amazing is that!! We sure do love you guys and miss you terribly. We can not wait for you to bring Luda home. Oh by the way Camille is getting so fat her tummy is dragging the ground. We love her tons!

    ReplyDelete