Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day #9 Update

Today the facilitator traveled by to Kiev to get some paperwork done for the adoption. He comes back in 1 week. Our translator is gone!! We went to the orphanage and played with Luda and the kids for 2.5 hrs and had a great time. When we got there Luda ran and changed into the new clothes Ruth bought her, which was cute. All of the kids come to play when they see us. They are starving for attention. We play soccer, kickball, monkey bars, and with the local goats (Kaza in Russian). We also had tea and pastries with the orphanage director. Its an insult to say no, but I am caffeine sensitive and have not had any in a few years. I drank it in faith to not offend and the Lord did not allow the caffeine to affect me.

The court hearing is 2 days long and it could be the May31st and 1st of June, which is what we want. We also need the judge to allow the paperwork to proceed during the 10 day wait period after the 2 court hearings in order to come home on time on the 19th. Please pray specifically for this situation, but may the Lords will and timing be done since He knows best.

We love and thank you all
Greg, Ruth, Brendan, Cameron

6 comments:

  1. Funny what we eat out of respect while on these trips. Only once did I eat something that to this day I can quite figure out what it was, but I am still hear to tell about it, LOL! It is great that you have gotten a chance to get glimmer of Luda's life at the orphanage. We will keep praying for you all. Love, Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey all is good here. Office has been cleaned all but Exam Room 1 and looks great! It is so exciting for your updates! I bet Luda looks so cute in her new clothes! We cant wait to meet her! I am so glad it is going as planned! Our prayers are with you all. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying daily for protection, safety and for God's favor to be with you. I am so excited for your family and how the Lord is blessing this adoption. I can't wait to meet your little girl! Will pray for the way to be quick to bring her home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want to see pictures of you playing with the goats! LOL! God is so awesome- what an awesome testimony of His Goodness and Protection (regarding the tea). Amazing! I praise Him for all that He is doing in you and with you over there! Lifting you up continually to the Father!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have a goat picture too? PLEASE? Especially Ruth playing with a goat - that I GOTTA see!!

    You are in our prayers and we cannot wait until your new family returns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are coming right along wonderfully! God is at work! Ana can't wait to meet Luda. Speaking of food, did you eat the pig's fat yet? Maybe they gave it to you and you didn't know what it was? I ate it and all along I was thinking about the millions of calories and fat this little one inch cube had. I would have much rather had their chocolate, which is pretty good. Their sweets, dairy and breads are the best!

    ReplyDelete